Rice water is the first food recipe for most of the kids which is nutritious,less allerginic and easily digestible food.Start with 1/2tsp,then gradually increase the powder quantity.This rice water preparation needs less time when rice powder is in your hands.It is very handy while travelling.I skipped adding salt,this is purely optional.Infants hate cold(room temp) food,so always serve them slightly warm.After 6months,you can serve/cook this rice powder as a rice porridge.Bowl feeding takes little more time,so i usually warm the drink at the mid of the feeding time.Though its their first and very new food,so be patient and dont force them.You can also feed them by bottle.
Check out : Rice Powder Recipe
Rice Water for babies (4to6+ months) :
Thats It : Boil Water - Add Rice Powder - Cook
Cooking Time : 7mins
Cooling Time : 5mins
[Initially it comes for 2 servings,then after 6months it serves as single time serving]
Rice Powder - 1tsp
Water - 1Cup (250ml)
* Gradually increase the powder quantity.
* It stays good for 5-6hours.So serve it for 2times.
* Adding salt(a pinch)/jaggery / sugar is optional.[i skipped]
1.Boil water in a small pan in medium flame.
2.Keep the flame to low after it starts boiling.Add a tsp of rice powder and stir it once(make sure that there is no lumps).
[Low flame cooking prevents from spilling over from the pan]
3.Cook in low flame till it cooked(6-7mins).Check with your fingers by pressing the cooked powders.If it is soft,switch off the flame.
4.Strain it through the strainer,press it with spoon for the complete extraction.Cool down.
Your baby's first drink is ready !!!
Keep some points in mind before introducing first / other foods to your babies.
* Six months of complete breastfeeding is essential for babies.Those who are not comfortable physically will go for introducing other recipes.Dont introduce new foods when your baby is suffering from cold and cough as that time mothers milk is the best remedy for that.
* Sterilize the bowls,spoons and bottles before feeding the foods.
* Keep reserve the seperate cooking pot(preferrably small) for making foods for babies.
* Make the homemade cereal powders in small quantity,very helpful one.
* Always start by feeding thin clear water/soup first.
* Serve it slightly warm,they hate chilled(room temperature) food.
* After introducing a new food,wait for 2days to check the reaction (it may be loose motion,mild rashes)in their body.[check 3days rule for infants in internet]
* Continue your first food recipe for 3days in alternate days, then switch over to next one.
* Say 'No' to salt,sugar,spiciness till 10months as all tastes are new to them and serve it little warm,they hate cool/room temp most of the times.[Its purely your wish]
* Strictly a big 'No' to honey till one year.
* Ghee and jaggery(good than sugar) is advisible after 6months.[Its purely your wish]