Paneer sandwich is the healthier version of intake and using whole-wheat bread is the double satisfaction.This is the best choice for our breakfast/dinner/evening snack.You can add your favourite veggies to your sandwich.This is my version of veg stuffing.I usually make this stuffing for our veg sandwich.You can use this stuffing with your chapathi,dosa.This tastes yummy and keeps your stomach full.
Check Out :
Melted cheese inside the sandwich always invite our kids,so ball is in our court now,add their dislike veggies into the stuffing.Here, i add nuts mix into it.You can skip masala powders and add chilli flakes and oregano for mild spice taste.For elders,you can skip cheese slices still it tastes so good.I must say include cheese for your kids portion.
Paneer Sandwich (by stove-top method) :
Thats It : Prepare paneer Masala Stuffing - Toast in Dosa Pan - Cut diagonally
Total Time : 20mins
Toasting Time : 5-10mins
Yields : 8 diagonal sandwiches
Paneer Stuffing :
Oil / Butter / Olive Oil 1tbsp
Cumin seeds / Fennel eeds 1tsp (jeeragam or sombu)
Garlic Pods 3
Green Chilli 2
Big Onion 1
Tomato Or Lemon 1/2
Turmeric Powder 1/4tsp (optional)
Sambar Powder 1/2tsp
Crumbled Paneer 2Cups
Nuts Powder 1tbsp (optional)
Salt to taste
[* skip spice powders and add oregano,chilli flakes and white pepper powder]
Sandwich Making :
Bread slices 8nos[i used wholewheat breads]
Cheese 3tbsp Or 4slices (optional,i skipped)
# Thaw Frozen paneer cubes/block at room temperature OR immerse it in hot water for 10mins.Drain the water.
# Crumble it by using your hands.
# Chop Veggies
1.Heat a pan with oil,add cumin seeds/fennel seeds,chopped green chilli and garlic fry for a min then add chopped onion,fry for couple of minutes.[no need to brown the onion]
2.Add chopped tomato,capsicum,turmeric powder,sambar powder and salt,fry for a min and close the lid and cook for 3-4mins.
3.Now add crumbled paneer,mix it really well,add (the secret ingredient)nuts powder and cook for a minute.Switch Off the flame.Squeezing lemon here is very little as i added tomato already.Mix it well and keep aside for cooling down.
For Sandwich Making :
* Heat a flat-based pan / dosa pan in a low flame,add 1tsp of ghee/butter and spread over the pan.
* Keep one or two bread slices and spread 2tbsp of veg stuff over it.
* OPTIONAL : Place 1cheese slice or 1tbsp grated cheese over it.
* Place another bread slice over the cheese.
* Above the bread,carefully place a heavy bottomed pan and cook for 40secs(till the bread starts browning).
* Then remove the pan and carefully flip over the sandwich,cook for 30 secs.(after flipping ,no need to keep the pan over the sandwich)
* Now take the sandwich out.
# Cut the sandwich diagonally and serve it hot with ketchup.Without ketch up also it tastes good.
Healthy Paneer Sandwich is ready !!!
* Use any heavy weight pan for pressing the sandwich(i used my small empty cooker pan.
* Adding sambar pdr is for the nice flavour.
* Skip tomato and add 1tbsp ketch up OR juice from a lemon after switch off the flame.